Motels in Swan Hill: Stay & Play in the Swan Hill region
Stay at the Comfort Inn Lady Augusta and explore the Swan Hill region. We're rated the #1 motel in Swan Hill by our customers on TripAdvisor! Now Swan Hill's newest 4 star motel!
Stay & Play
How to spend your time in the Swan Hill region
Once you've booked your motel in Swan Hill you'll need to plan your itinerary. Whether you have one day or four, we invite you to enjoy some of the fantastic adventures around the Swan Hill region. Pick and choose ideas from the itinerary below:
- Check in at Comfort Inn Lady Augusta around 2 pm – unpack, enjoy a complimentary beverage from Reception, lounge by the pool and swim (summer) or grab a book and watch some TV (winter) as you unwind from your travel.
- Dinner – we recommend Quo Vadis for its relaxed, informal atmosphere. Featuring either casual pizza or Italian mains – it’s just a short 1 ½ block walk so you don’t have to dress up or drive. Aaahhhhh…that’s amoré!
- Breakfast with us in Aggie’s Place restaurant! Enjoy one of our tasty homemade breakfast items – we recommend the American Pancakes with maple syrup or our most popular Cali Stacker: it’s eggs benedict with a twist! Aggie’s Place entrance is located just by the pool – through the door and up the stairs. Before you leave, stop in at Reception so we can book your dinner reservations for this evening!
- Head over to the Pioneer Settlement, located an easy 4 blocks away on 1 Monash Drive. Here you can wander around and get a feel for life in this little river village. Keep an eye out for the reason why we are named the Lady Augusta motel – let us know at Reception what you find out! Take a river cruise on the PYAP paddle steamer and enjoy lunch at Spoons Riverside. Take your time here folks as your ticket is good for 2 days and we want you to get the most out of the Settlement Experience!
- Ease on back to CILA about 3:00 pm for a little siesta time. Kick back and rest before you shower and change for a spectacular Thai meal at Java Spice. Located at 17 Beveridge St, this beautiful garden setting restaurant features South-East Asian cuisine and is one of our most popular eating places!
- Families - Finish that wander through the Pioneer Settlement and finish off with a picnic lunch at Riverside Park. We can pack a picnic lunch for you or grab some take-away from one of our many delightful cafés in downtown Swan Hill.
- Seniors/Couples – hit the links at Murray Down’s award winning golf course or continue the history tour with a visit to the Catalina Flying Boat Museum and a local lunch.
- After some relaxation time back at the motel, and a quick call to Reception to book your tickets, grab a quick bite for early dinner at Charlie Grey’s before grabbing a jumper and heading back to Lake Boga for a spectacular view of the night sky at the Planetarium and Observatory. John’s presentation and high-powered telescopes are a delight to both kids and adults.
- Time for a breakkie change – head on over to Spoons Riverside Café on the river, or for a kid friendly note drop in to Café Allure in the heart of town for some food-fuel to kick start your day.
- It’s check-out day – but never fear – you can store your baggage at Reception to allow you to fill the day with those final adventures.
- A few options here will get you on your way to your next destination, but if you have time, be sure to lunch at one of our local cafés such as High Thyme or Café 202; both just off the main street.
- Couples/Seniors – enjoy some high-quality, locally produced and award-winning wine at Andrew Peace Winery, located in nearby Piangil. Fishing is also a popular adventure as the Murray River offers some of the best “natural” river experiences.
- Families – many places to play include: Swan Hill Water Slide, Big 4 park (fee), Swan Hill Leisure Centre, Riverside Park and Lake Boga’s beautiful waterfront.
- International, Inter-state and guest’s heading toward Mildura or Adelaide – the beautiful Lake Tyrell at Sea Lake is the perfect spot to capture some happy snaps and enjoy some true natural beauty.
And don't forget some of our upcoming events and attractions (more found at visitswanhill.com):
- Food & Wine Festival
- Bowls club
- Scenic drives/walks at Nyah-Vinifera Park and Barmah State Park
- Harness racing
- Motor Sports
- Golf on the Murray
- Fishing for giant Cod
There are many things to see and do while visiting the Swan Hill region. Here's a brief outline of a handful of things to do while in Swan Hill. For a more comprehensive guide, visit the official tourism website Visit Swan Hill.